1. Non-refundable or forfeiture clause Sellers are sometimes sold on the idea of including a non-refundable deposit clause in the Contract of Sale. More often than not, sellers are under
- Admitted as an attorney in the Supreme Court of South Africa (TVL Provincial Division), 1996.
- Appointed as a professional assistant at Bekker & Viktor Attorneys, Vanderbijlpark, 1996.
- Appointed as a professional assistant at Nhlabathi Louw & Partners Inc. in 2002.
- Appointed as director of NGL Attorneys Gauteng Inc, 2005.
- A qualified and admitted notary public.
- A qualified and admitted conveyancer.
- Currently a member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
Buying a rental property could be an incredible investment opportunity, however, it’s important to make a well-informed decision before investing, as it is not for everyone. Although investing in a
If someone leaves a sizeable estate behind, it may cause conflict among the possible heirs. The help of an attorney, when settling an estate after a death, can avoid unnecessary
Many industries are piecing things back together again this year, as they try to recover from the effects of the pandemic or recreate themselves to remain relevant in a changing
Post-1994, the lawmakers in South Africa have attempted to be inclusive of religion and gender, by passing the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act 120 of 1998, allowing for the registration
In the case of CM v EM it was held in the Supreme Court of Appeal of South Africa (“SCA”), case number 10861/2018, that: “The value of the Respondent’s right to future
On 1 July 2020, the enactment of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act) commenced, which will come into full effect on 1 July 2021. As its name states,
It was announced on 19 November 2020 that the national repo rate would remain unchanged at the historically low 3,5 %. While many were expecting an increase after a slightly
Since property transfers are some of the highest-value transactions that you may make in your lifetime, it naturally follows that you need to ensure that you don’t let your money go